Circular to Shareholders – Disposal of Tambankulu Estate
- 30-09-2020 – Circular: Disposal of Tambankulu Estate
- 30-09-2020 – Online Shareholders’ Meeting Guide 2020
Circular to Shareholders – Disposal of Tongaat Hulett Starch
A 2006 strategic review of the company’s operations culminated in the announcement of the proposed listing of Hulamin on the JSE and the Hulamin unbundling to create two separately listed, focused companies in 2007, namely:
- Tongaat Hulett, an agri-processing business including integrated components of land management, property development and agriculture; and
- Hulamin, an independent niche producer of aluminium rolled, extruded and other semi-fabricated and finished products.
This was achieved by the listing of Hulamin on the JSE, followed immediately by the unbundling of the 50% shareholding in Hulamin by Tongaat Hulett Group to its shareholders. It was accompanied by the simultaneous introduction of broad-based BEE equity participation in both Tongaat Hulett and Hulamin.
On the implementation of this transactions, Tongaat Hulett Group’s name changed and is now known as, Tongaat Hulett Limited.
The document detailing these transactions are below:
- 11-06-2007 – Results of the general meeting and scheme meeting
- 18-05-2007 – Hulamin pre-listing statement
- 18-05-2007 – Chairman’s covering letter to shareholders
- 18-05-2007 – Announcement regarding notice of shareholder meeting, circular to shareholders and Hulamin pre-listing statement
- 08-05-2007 – Circular to shareholders
- 03-05-2007 – Terms announcement